This week was a little different that I imagined. I thought it was going to be a more relaxed week, but it was quite the opposite. Rehab and working out has been very difficult. My time on the dropzone has also been very tiring. The goal that is most important to me is to learn about rigging. My main interest is to learn more about the chute that is most important, the reserve. I have now deployed multiple reserves and have seen them unpacked and packed a couple times now. I am now much more aware about how reserves work. Packing reserves are much, much more complicated than I could anticipate. What I have enjoyed most is just the massive amount of knowledge that has been shoved into my head. When I walk upstairs into the loft, I do not know what is going to be up there waiting. To list off the top off my head I have learned to hang up canopies, reattach cutaway mains, adjust harnesses, pro pack, flat pack, flat pro pack, connect risers, install a kill line on a slider, and there is so much more to learn. I have not worked in the office yet because they have been so busy and not ready to teach me. I do not think that the office is going to be able to teach me everything I want to, but I will have years of knowledge to find in the loft. What a great time this is.
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment